Volunteer and External Providers Handbook
Before any volunteer or external provider joins Brightwell School, they must have read our Volunteer Handbook or External Provider Handbook.
A volunteer is an unpaid adult who provides support to our school whereas an external provider is a paid provider.
Volunteers and external providers at our school bring with them a wide range of skills and experience that can really enhance the learning opportunities of our children. We welcome and encourage volunteers from the local community.
Our volunteers include:
- Members of the governing body
- Parents of pupils
- Students on work experience
- Local residents
- Church members
External providers at our school include:
- Music teachers
- Enrichment providers
The types of activities that volunteers are engaged in might include:
- Hearing children read
- Working with small groups of children
- Undertaking arts and craft activities with children
- Supporting teachers to run before-school and after-school clubs
- Accompanying school visits