SEN (Special Educational Needs) Provision
At Brightwell School we recognise that all children have a right to a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum. We aim to create a happy, educationally exciting and positive environment in which all pupils can develop to their full potential. We recognise that children are individuals, that each one has needs special to him or her.
We aim to:
- ensure that our curriculum is responsive to all children whatever their individual need
- promote positive attitudes and individual confidence, ensuring all children experience success, identify, assess, record and regularly review pupils’ special educational needs.
- encourage parents/guardians to be involved in planning and supporting at all stages of their child’s development.
- make effective use of support services.
The Oxfordshire County Council Local Offer for Children with SEN and disabilities can be found at: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/taxonomy/term/278
Click here for: Information on the New Parents Forum for SEND in Oxfordshire
Information and Guidance/Points of Contact
Who should I contact to discuss the concerns or needs of my child?
Brightwell School is committed to working in partnership with parents and will listen to any concerns parents may wish to raise. Please contact the school office to arrange a meeting.
- Class Teacher -Is the first point of contact. They monitor the progress of each child and liaise with key staff about interventions needed.
- Acting SENCO – Fin Lewis
- SNAST- Jo Allott
- Headteacher -Fin Lewis
- SEN Governor - Alison Debney